A squad of Ancient Britons for Jonathan
Another regiment of 1/72 French Line by Italeri
And now my experience with weathering a 28mm tank model. I have never tried weathering - my stuff typically looks like it came right off the assembly line.
Here we go:
The kits I used:
The model parts:
The model cleaned and assembled:
Step 1: US Olive Drab primer applied by airbrush
Step 2: Yellow Olive shade applied by airbrush
Step 3: US Dark Green shade applied by airbrush
Step 4: US Olive basecoat applied by airbrush
Step 5: Grey Green highlight applied by airbrush
Step 6: Decals then Satin Varnish applied by airbrush
Step 7: Camo Brown tracks and chips
Step 8: Camo Brown with Buff track & chip highlights
Step 9: Dark Brown Wash on tracks
Step 10: Dark Green wash everywhere, and I should have stopped here ...
Now the ropey part....
Step 11: Pigment application followed by Binder - I used pigment wetter with water on the tracks for mud accumulation, followed by a dusting overall of pigment for road dust, then tried to fix that in place using binder. Then dullcote over top.
I am unhappy with the binding step - it pooled pigment in the crevices and it was lost from flatter surfaces. Maybe dullcote contributed to that. Here it is with some newly painted Airborne dudes.
I tried an overwash with Agrax to tone down the stone grey dust, and reapplied dry pigment to the tracks, but I think it looks like shit
My chum Kevin tells me he had the same experience with binder, and the only solution is to throw out the model...
I am way too cheap to do that, so it will just have to play with it as it looks.