Friday, May 7, 2010

Italian allies for the Punic Wars

This week I finished off a box of Italian allies for the Punic War (1/72 Hat). This set has quite a nice variety of poses and shield types. It also gave me the opportunity to finish off a bunch of shield transfers for Greeks and Romans.


I struggled with the decision of whether to make the stands varied in appearance, according to shield type, colour, etc:
Or whether to make them more uniform, so that each stand represented forces from particular area:


I dunno, what do you guys think? I think I like the variety style basing for these troop types, whereas for Romans or Napoleonics I prefer to keep more uniform pose composition on each stand.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree; if they are allies and in thus less regimented, mix up the shields.

    ReplyDelete