Sunday, May 20, 2018

Taurox Prime and some Flames of War

Over the past two weeks I completed this silly looking but very satisfying Taurox Prime model for my Cadian 40k army. I'm seeing this as Eisenhorn's taxi either with Scions or all alone. It is fitted out with anti-squishy personnel weaponry including the gatling cannon, hotshot volley guns and storm bolter - putting out 30 S4 shots at 24" hitting on 3+. Designed for shredding horde units or I like putting that much lead on high value models with invulnerable saves. Lots of chances to fail.





Also completed a battery of Pak 36s and a couple of more infantry guns for my early war 1940 Germans. Pak 36 was fine against light tanks but Dennis has some Matildas in his early war army... so I'm gonna need an 88.



6 comments:

  1. Nice!

    I think the Taurus is just such a weird looking vehicle. And who in their right mind would mount a gun on the side of a vehicle right behind where a door opens!? The adeptus mechanicus must had a huge stock of spare doors for all the ones accidentally blown off while the crew is trying to give covering fire what the mounted infantry try to debuss out the side door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - it would look better with big fat tires or half tracked and I would have thought as open topped with additional pintle mounts for the hot-shot volleyguns instead of the door blaster mount... maybe I should have converted it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria Miniatures does a nice wheel kit for the Taurox:

    https://victoriaminiatures.com/collections/vehicles-and-bits-1/products/apc-wheel-and-suspension-kit

    I had a daft Idea of doing an outrider detachment of loads of sentinels and putting their commander in a Taurox with wheels... It would probably be terrible in the game, but fun to build and throw on the table. Also I seem to recall in the novel Desert Raiders, reconnaissance (in sentinels) was something the Tallarn excelled at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if it's that bad - as a Taurox Prime it's a pretty good shooting platform hitting on 3s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no, I was saying a whole squadron of Sentinels probably wouldn't work out so well - not the Taurox, specifically. The four times I've played with a Sentinel - it was the first thing blown up! I haven't really had a look at the Taurox's stats... It just seemed a more appropriate thing to be the command vehicle for a reconnaissance squadron than a Tank Commander mounted in a Leeman Russ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha - yes my Sentinels have never done anything except run around and get killed. I think that's their job - soak up fire and threaten objectives. But as a command vehicle for a recon formation - yes excellent idea. It would look right and might actually hit something while the Sentinels run around like chickens.

    ReplyDelete