Sunday, January 15, 2012

ECW Command

I finished off some remaining ECW command models for my New Model army. These are a mix of Foundry and Warlord metals.


There is a nice command vignette with meeting held over a map on a drum.


I experimented with using rare earth magnets to make a base for the commander with ensign, but it didn't work very well, two magnets aren't strong enough to hold the figures securely, and there were a real bugger to glue to the base because they would rather stick to each other. This stand has a commander modelled obviously after Dion Phaneuf (captain of my favourite hockey team the Toronto Maple Leafs)



This guy here is a ranter (religious zealot) to inspire the troops (and antagonize the enemy)...


The grenade-boy is very nice:


Here is the back view of the commander in chief in conference:


Up next: Celtic slingers

1 comment:

  1. I love "grenade boy"! He is very cool. You are dead on about the magnets; they are brutal to get right. I think you are on to a great idea, though!

    ReplyDelete