Sunday, December 5, 2010

28mm WOTR DBA army

It's been a very busy week or two at work, plus I have been painting Bretonnian knights in my free time, so not a lot of output recently. I am close to finishing a unit of Questing Knights (holy crap, they carry a lot of gear!) but I also took an interlude to convert some units painted for WAB last year to DBA basing for a game with Bob at the club next week. The models are a combination of Perry plastics (superb!), Foundry knights and Black Tree foot knights, all very nice.


The army includes a general (Kn or Bd):


A choice of Kn, Cv or another Bd, not an easy choice, Cv is useful for mobility and against Bw, better survivability than Kn, but less punch:


3 Bd, these should probably be polearm infantry but I like the foot knights a lot:


And the core of the army are the 6 Bw elements, the ubiquitous longbows:


Finally, there is an Art/Sp option, I have never used artillery so that might be interesting to try, tricky to use effectively, alternately the Sp makes an excellent camp garrision.


I enjoyed putting this together, if I can get some more games of DBA in this scale I might convert over some of my Swiss WAB army too.

Back to Bretonnians....

6 comments:

  1. My French knights scoff at your pathetic rabble and their "long bows". Typical Anglo-bragging. Nothing beats knights charging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange the security code word for my first post was "pincushion". Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamilnadu Board has released the TN Board 10th syllabus on its official website. Students preparing for the exams must go through the complete Tamilnadu 10th syllabus 2021 that mentions the chapters and topics to be covered while preparing. TN 10th Syllabus 2021-2022 Students can divide the TN 10th Syllabus 2021 into parts for better preparation of the exams. They must also go through the Tamil Nadu 10th Exam Pattern to know the marking scheme and the type of questions that are generally asked in the examinations.

    ReplyDelete